capping (See cap)
1 a tight-fitting headdress
2 a top (as for a bottle)
3 a mechanical or electrical explosive device or a small amount of explosive; can be used to initiate the reaction of a disrupting explosive [syn: detonator, detonating device]
4 something serving as a cover or protection
5 a fruiting structure resembling an umbrella that forms the top of a stalked fleshy fungus such as a mushroom [syn: pileus]
6 an upper limit on what is allowed; "they established a cap for prices" [syn: ceiling]
7 dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a tooth [syn: crownwork]
1 lie at the top of; "Snow capped the mountains" [syn: crest]
2 restrict the number or amount of; "We had to cap the number of people we can accept into our club" [also: capping, capped]
- present participle of cap
Cap can mean:
- 5' cap, in biology, a part of an mRNA
- Cap, a headgear
- Bottle cap, closure to seal glass bottles
- Screw cap, closure for bottles, jars, etc
- Camper shell, a type of caravan
- Cap (sport), awarded in some sports when a player represents his country
- Shorthand for the capabilities which are central to capability-based security
- Capacitor, in electronics slang
- Cap and Gown Club, an eating club at Princeton University
- Capricornus (constellation), standard astronomical abbreviation
- Capping inversion, inhibits atmospheric convection
- The French word for "cape", used in the names of locations such as Cap-Haïtien
- Short for Captain
- A crown (dentistry) is sometimes called a cap.
- Capturing the flag.
- A cervical cap contraceptive device.
- Fuel filler cap
- Market capitalization (e.g., "large cap", "small cap")
- Percussion cap, a small amount of percussion-sensitive explosive, held in a tape or small cup
- The pileus, or cap, of a mushroom or related fungi
- Pipe cap, a pipe fitting used to seal the end of a pipe
- Polar ice cap
- A screen capture
- A small, powdered compound used to make noise and smoke in a cap gun.
- Capping, a screenshot-captioning fandom activity
Upper boundCap can refere to an upper bound:
PeopleCap can refer to the following people:
Acronym"CAP" can refer to:
- Apex Aircraft's range of CAP training and aerobatic aircraft.
- California Assessment Program, a California standards test replaced by the California Learning Assessment System, which was in turn replaced by the STAR system.
- Camel Application Part, a protocol used in CAMEL servers.
- Canadian Action Party
- Canadian Association of Physicists
- The ICAO airline designator for Capital Airlines, United States
- Carlos Andres Pérez, a Venezuelan president.
- Carrierless Amplitude Phase Modulation
- Catabolite Activator Protein
- Center for American Progress, a left-of-center think tank
- Central Arizona Project Aqueduct
- Central Atlanta Progress
- Centre d'Analyse et de Programmation, a French software company (now part of Capgemini)
- Certification and Accreditation Professional, Information assurance certification offered by (ISC)²
- Chicago Area Project, a juvenile delinquency project
- ChildCare Action Project
- Chip Authentication Program – using EMV smartcards to authenticate online banking transactions
- Christian Appalachian Project a faith-based program to assist disadvantaged persons in the Appalachian region of Kentucky and West Virginia
- Christians Against Poverty, the UK charity
- Church Action on Poverty, UK national ecumenical social justice charity established in 1982
- Civil Air Patrol, the official US Air Force Auxiliary
- Claims Assistance Professional, medical billing assistance and patient advocacy
- Coded Anti-Piracy, an anti-piracy system for motion picture prints exhibited theatrically.
- College of American Pathologists
- Combat Air Patrol
- Comité voor een Andere Politiek / Comité pour une Autre Politique (Belgian political movement)
- Common Agricultural Policy, the European Union's agricultural subsidy system.
- Common Alerting Protocol
- Community Access Program, a Government of Canada initiative to provide access to the Internet in remote areas.
- Community Action Program, Lyndon Johnson's anti-poverty programs.
- Community Alternatives Program, Community Alternatives Program. Refers to four programs offered by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services for Disabled Adults, Mental Retardation/Developmental Disabilities, Children, or individuals with AIDS.
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Complex absorbing potential
- Computer Analysts and Programmers (CAP Group), a UK software company founded in the 60s which became part of Sema Group
- Concerned Alumni of Princeton
- Consolidated Appeals Process a funding mechanism used by humanitarian aid organisations.
- Create a player
- Cyclase Associated Protein
capping in Catalan: Cap
capping in German: CAP
capping in Spanish: CAP
capping in Esperanto: CAP
capping in French: CAP
capping in Korean: CAP
capping in Italian: CAP
capping in Dutch: Cap
capping in Japanese: CAP
capping in Polish: CAP
capping in Portuguese: CAP
capping in Slovak: Cap
capping in Finnish: CAP
capping in Contenese: Cap
a cut above, above, ahead, ascendant, better, chosen, closing, concluding, consummating, consummative, consummatory, crowning, culminating, culminative, distinguished, eclipsing, eminent, ending, exceeding, excellent, excelling, finer, finishing, greater, heading, higher, in ascendancy, in the ascendant, major, marked, of choice, one up on, outstanding, outtopping, over, overtopping, perfecting, perfective, rare, rivaling, super, superior, surpassing, terminating, topping, transcendent, transcendental, transcending, upper